Many people are looking for ways to improve their health and beauty, but they’re unsure where to start. One option is a medical spa, which offers a wide range of procedures that can help you look and feel your best. Of course, we all want to look and feel our best. But with so many products and treatments out there, it’s hard to know what will work and what’s just hype. Medical spa treatments are one of the most popular trends in the beauty industry today. These high-tech treatments can help you achieve your skin goals faster. Here, we will discuss whether medical spas are worth the hype and are good for the skin.
Medical Spas Are Popping Up Everywhere
It’s hard to believe that a medical spa would be worth the hype and good for the skin. After all, have you ever heard anyone say, “I’m going to the dermatologist for my next facial”? But it turns out that more people are going to medical spas for treatments like laser hair removal and Botox injections. They’re popping up everywhere from Los Angeles to New York City, and many even offer membership plans so you can save money on treatments over time.
According to a report, the cosmetics market in the US was valued at around $14.8 billion in 2021. This data provides a picture of sensitivity towards the skin and looks. Skincare has become a necessary part of our daily routines because we don’t want wrinkles or blemishes when we look in the mirror every morning.
Medical spas provide a range of cosmetic procedures similar to those offered by dermatologists but without the stigma associated with them. If you’re considering getting a procedure done at such an establishment, ensure that the medical spa has a valid license by state health departments.
Not All Medical Spas are Created Equal
If you’re going to pay for a medical spa treatment, it’s necessary to ensure the person giving the treatment has received proper training and possesses a valid license. Not all medical spas are created equal; some have doctors on site; some don’t. The best way to check is by asking if your practitioner has a valid medical license.
The beauty industry is a multi-billion dollar global business. And therefore, professional medical spas are popping up everywhere.
If you’re wondering why medical spas are so famous, it’s because they offer a variety of treatments that can help your skin. The medical spa uses products that contain active ingredients to treat or prevent certain skin conditions. These products are considered medications by the FDA, requiring doctor supervision.
Popular Medical Spa Treatments That Actually Work
- Chemical Peels: In this procedure, a chemical solution is put on the skin to remove layers on the top. The skin gets smoother after the procedure. You may undergo the procedure more than once to get the desired results.
- Fraxel: Fraxel laser treatments are designed to improve the appearance of your skin by targeting fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and sun damage. The awesome thing about this treatment is that it’s non-invasive, which means there’s no downtime. If you are in Las Vegas, looks for spas that provide fraxel in Las Vegas to get you back to your busy life as soon as the treatment is done.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure uses a unique applicator that helps to restore overall skin texture and tone. It can improve the facade of sun damage, age spots, acne scarring, wrinkles, melasma, fine lines, and other skin conditions.
- CoolSculpting: Also known as cryolipolysis, is a medical procedure certified safe by FDA. The treatment freezes excessive fat cells under the skin that do not pacifies by dieting or traditional exercises.
- Microneedling: Microneedling treats skin issues by stimulating the production of collagen. As clear from the name itself, the procedure involves tiny needles to puncture the skin for treatment.
- Facial: It is a beauty treatment designed to energize and exfoliate facial skin. In this procedure, deep cleansing solutions are applied to the skin that helps remove impurities from the area.
- Laser Hair Removal: A concentrated beam of light is used in this procedure to remove the unwanted hairs on the body. Laser light treatment helps delay hair growth in the future. It is becoming more and more popular along the time. The procedure not being too costly is also one of the reasons for its becoming famous. An individual treatment session may cost between $100-$800, which is quite affordable for looking more beautiful.
Check to See if the Medical Spa has a Doctor on Site
When you are considering medical spa treatments, it’s essential to make sure that there is a doctor on site. A doctor should be able to answer questions, provide guidance about the procedure, and prescribe it if necessary. If the procedure requires anesthetization and follow-up care, it can only be provided by a physician.
Most medical spas have nurses and aestheticians who are licensed to administer treatments. However, it’s better to look for someone with a professional degree and training at the helm of your treatment. If there isn’t a physician available, ask them where they send their clients when they need medical attention during or after their sessions.
A medical spa, where physicians visit periodically for consultations or procedures, can also serve your purpose. A doctor having access to your medical history and any previous treatment recommendations from other physicians is valuable. For example, if you have undergone a laser hair removal treatment and facing some skin issues after the session. The doctor can go through your history and start treatment accordingly.
Ensure That Your Treatment Gets Reported to Your Dermatologist
As with any medical procedure, it’s necessary to ensure that your treatment gets reported to your dermatologist.
Some medical spas are not transparent about their treatments and may not be accredited by the American Association of Medical Spas (AAMS). This organization requires strict guidelines for health departments, training, and supplies to provide treatments. It also requires each spa to have a board-certified doctor who oversees all treatments, including aesthetic procedures.
Reporting to your dermatologist is an excellent way to crosscheck your treatment at a medical spa and ensure it’s safe for your skin type.
Some Treatments Require Multiple Visits and Can be Expensive
Some medical spa treatments are more expensive than others. If you’re looking for a treatment with a quick turnaround time, you may want to go elsewhere. In addition, some of these treatments require multiple visits and can be costly. For example, if you want to get a full-face peel, it will take at least three sessions if all goes well during those sessions.
However, if you want a less invasive alternative that still gives your skin a youthful glow, there are plenty of other options available at medical spas.
The medical spa trend is taking off. It’s an affordable way to get treatments that can make a big difference in your skin. However, there are some crucial things to consider before you sign up for one of these treatments. First, ensure that the facility has a licensed doctor on staff who can supervise all procedures performed at their facility. It’s also essential that they follow up with your dermatologist so that any reports of side effects or complications are documented properly. Some of these simple but effective steps followed regularly can go a long way toward improving your complexion.